Report: Keyakizaka46 Fukyouwaon National Handshake (June 24, 2017) Part 2


As promised, here's the part two of my Keyaki HS report.

Picking up from where part one ended, I lined up to meet the one who caught my attention throughout the mini live, Techi. As expected, the line was very long but I really had to meet her no matter what. Less than an hour later, we saw clouds smoke coming from their booth and suddenly, the lane was stopped. I heard some fans saying they were probably doing something for Techi's birthday. As we all know, what actually happened was a guy threw a flare as he was about to enter the Techi and Memi's booth. The man was also carrying a knife with the intent of killing somebody whom the police did not name.

Nobody was panicking until we saw a guy being dragged outside the hall. That was enough to raise suspicions so we began to ask what on earth exactly happened. I heard a staff saying that everything's okay and the handshake will "probably" continue. Then, I asked another staff who said there was an accident and that the handshake may be canceled. It was very stressful to see the staff panicking and running around without telling us anything official. To put it simply, the situation was handled poorly.

Fans were already at their limits so a lot of them went home already, giving away their tickets. Even the fans who stayed were reluctant to accept them. Even I was reluctant to accept them. But oh well, I felt bad for the tickets and I have nothing to do the day after (gave up on Nogi event already) so yep, that's how I got my 610 tickets. I mean, 16 tickets.



After three hours of trying to conserve my two percent phone battery, an announcement was made. The staff talked to the fans in group clarifying that there was an accident but no members were injured. HOWEVER, they had to cancel Techi and Memi's HS because of "time" concerns. So what will happen to the tickets? The staff said we can use them in future handshake events but we have to wait for an official announcement as to when we can use them. So yep, after three hours of lining up, they stamped my 610, I mean 16 tickets.


Regarding the security inside the hall, the management didn't do a body and bag check before the fans enter for the mini live. For the handshake event, even though there was a metal detector, they didn't inspect our bags thoroughly unlike in AKB48 events where they will even ask you to sip from your water bottle and open your umbrella. I understand that there were a lot of attendees and it would take so much time to check everyone but it's security that we're talking about here. Also, some reports say that the flare and knives were able to pass the metal detector because the suspect took the bag containing them to the lost and found counter and claimed it afterwards. I just can't believe they didn't even check the contents of that bag.



Honestly, this is the worst idol event I've attended but for that reason, it's also going to be the most memorable one. Although I plan to use my 11 matome tickets to meet Nanako, I would definitely go try lining up for Techi again.



Oh, and here are the photos I got from the photo packs I bought.














Get Fukyouwaon from CDJapan:



Comments