Report: Nogizaka46 Nigemizu National Handshake (Sept. 10, 2017)


I must admit that I've been gradually losing interest in Nogizaka46 ever since the announcement of the third generation members. Nevertheless, I still wanted to see Nogi at least once in my lifetime. I was actually in Hiroshima the day before this and I was supposed to go to Osaka after. Then, I remembered that another friend is going to Nigemizu HS event so I rushed to the station and headed to Tokyo instead.



On the event day, I still didn't have any handshake tickets. I wasn't able to buy CDs in Hiroshima because they were sold out. There were CDs being sold in the venue though I honestly wanted to buy beforehand so that I can unbox all its goodness properly. Will do the unboxing post next time.


Relative to the last Keyakizaka46 National HS I attended, the lines were pretty fast. It's probably because Keyaki is also holding an individual HS event in Makuhari Messe. We only waited for less than an hour for the mini live and the best thing was I got an A-2 ticket, the frontmost block.


I honestly think that Nigemizu is a weak single -- weak A-side and weaker B-sides with the exception of Onna wa Hitori ja Nemurenai which sounds and looks badass but actually has weak lyrics. So when the songs were performed successively in the mini live, it wasn't surprising that I got bored easily. But then again, I was pretty near the stage so I had a great time following Reika, Waka and Manattan with my eyes.


After the mini live, we went out to eat only to find out that the line to the HS hall was already longer than a kilometer. It was discouraging at first but it only took an hour to get in. For comparison, it was two hours for Keyaki.

Lanes:
1. Nishino Nanase
2. Shiraishi Mai
3. Saito Asuka
4. Eto Misa
5. Akimoto Manatsu 
6. Hori Miona
7. Ikoma Rina, Matsumura Sayuri
8. Wakatsuki Yumi, Wada Maaya
9. Sakurai Reika, Ito Junna
10. Nakada Kanna, Sakaguchi Tamami
11. Saito Yuuri, Terada Ranze
12. Ito Karin, Takayama Kazumi
13. Inoue Sayuri, Watanabe Miria
14. Kawamura Mahiro, Hoshino Minami 
15. Ito Marika, Noujo Ami
16. Shunichi Mai, Suzuki Ayane
17. Sagara Iori, Higuchi Hina
18. Kawago Hina, Yamazaki Reina
19. Saito Chiharu, Sasaki Kotoko
20. Umezawa Minami, Ozono Momoko
21. Yoda Yuki
22. Mukai Hazuki, Yamashita Mizuki
23. Iwamoto Renka, Kubo Shiori
24. Ito Riria, Sato Kaede
25. Yoshida Ayano Christie, Nakamura Reno





The first lane I went to was Wakatsuki Yumi and Wada Maaya's lane. I've always been a WakaReika oshi so this was an obvious choice. The first thing I've noticed was how Waka's more beautiful in person. It was also interesting to see how she stayed in her majime character by being very formal with her straight posture as she offered only one hand to fans. As expected from a National HS event, everything was very fast so I could barely say anything. I told Waka I'm a WakaReika fan and she just thanked me before I got pushed away. For Maaya, I forgot what I told her but it was obvious she was putting a lot more effort. 


After Waka's lane, I went to Reika and Junna and it was pretty much the same. I told Reika that I'm a WakaReika fan and she gave a full-smile thank you. For Junna, I though she's just gonna be chill but she was surprisingly energetic. I told her I became her fan today and she wouldn't let go of my hand. I've always liked Junna but not oshi level kind of like. She's probably still not my oshi but I like her more now. 

It only took me around 45 minutes for both lanes and after that, we lined up for the goods. By that time, random photo packs were already sold out so I left with nothing. Nonetheless, I had fun seeing fans trading photos and posters. The area near the goods was like a flea market. 


Overall, it was a so-so experience. There wasn't anything spectacular with the performances, as well as the handshake and I wasn't able to buy photos. To be honest, I don't have the motivation to attend Nogi events again though I would probably still go for Manattan. I honestly kind of regret not seeing her because she was just way too adorable. While she was on stage, she kept on doing zukkyun to her fans and I caught her kissing members at least twice. Reika and Waka are still oshi but Manattan will always have a special place in my oshi list. 


Handshake and Other Events Report

Get Nigemizu from CDJapan:
Nigemizu / Nogizaka46
Nogizaka46

Comments