Report: Teacher Teacher Individual Handshake Event Part 2 (October 21, 2018)


I apologize for this late post. I was certain that I already published it but it turns out, I did not schedule it properly.

As a continuation to the previous post, this report will contain extra stuff I experienced during the Teacher Teacher 10/21 individual handshake event.

Fortune Cherry Mini Janken Event

I preordered Fortune Cherry's (Matsuda Yumi and Tada Kyoka's janken sub-unit) single to participate in a janken event with the members. I did not know anything about Fortune Cherry nor the NGT48 members doing its B-side. I only did this because I had a lot of free time during the day. I just chose any slot available, which happened to be Furutate Aoi, Tominaga Yuu and Sogabe Yume's janken event.


If you're not following NGT48, like me, you probably don't know them. Apparently, these three, together with 13 other girls, are NGT48 second generation members. They won second place during the 2018 Janken event that nobody cares for anymore.  

The mechanics of the mini event was simple. You choose a member to janken with. If you win, you get a group photo taken with your phone camera. If you lose or get a draw, you shake their hands. 

I chose Sogabe Yume, without even knowing her name, because she looks adorable. Unfortunately, I lost so I just shook their hands while saying some generic things like good luck or something. It was an interesting experience but I probably won't do it again if they're members I don't know or don't care about. I mean, it's a waste of money and I feel bad for the girls.

At least I got two new songs -- Himawari no nai Sekai and Drone Jealousy.


Dareka no Tame ni

Throughout the event, members would drop by the Dareka no Tame ni booth, where people can donate. Basically, what happens is a member stands behind a donation box and fans will line up to donate. You get to greet the member and most of the time, they will just say thanks in response. Each session lasts for only ten minutes and every interaction is very brief. So, there's nothing really special about except that you get to help the needy while having the chance to meet some members. Wise strategy, to be honest.

Since I had a lot of free time, I was able to meet eight members. Some of them were Sakaguchi Nagisa, Takino Yumiko, Yabushita Fu, Shoji Nagisa and four other I'm not familiar with. 


Birthday Booths

Outside the event hall, there will always be seitansai booths collecting birthday messages for members. For first timers, I recommend checking them out since it's fun looking for your oshimen's booths. Sometimes, some birthday committees will even give you free stuff, like uchiwa and photo cards fans made or even snacks. 


Satomina's birthday was a couple of months ago but her seitansai was scheduled to happen a few weeks after this event. So, her committee was still diligently collecting message cards. They were giving one well-made Satomina card per person. I had a hard time choosing because c'mon, look at those Satominas! They're all cute. In the end, they just gave me all four. Yay!


I also went to Macharin's booth and they gave me an uchiwa, banner, can badge, snacks, etc. Among all booths, her committee was the most diligent, as they were roaming around holding placards asking for Macharin birthday messages. And they're giving out a lot of stuff. It's cute to see that hardworking Macharin has hardworking fans as well. 


Random Photos

I got myself a pack of Team K Halloween photos. It's a pleasure to see Komi on top of the pack but even in Team K, there are some members I don't know like Okada Rina and Nagatomo Ayami. At least I still got people I know like Miichan and Muto Orin.



Komiyama Haruka, Minegshi Minami, Okada Rina, Muto Orin, Nagatomo Ayami

Haul from the event


So, that's the end of  my Teacher Teacher individual handshake report. I still have some event reports I haven't posted so I'll try my best to write about them. I also want to post about IZ*ONE's first high-touch and fansign event in Japan on February. I'm also applying for the group's showcon but the odds are really low. Right now, I'm just really hoping praying that I get it. (Update: I was able to get in!)










Comments