Report: Keyakizaka46 Fukyouwaon National Handshake (June 24, 2017) Part 1


Yesterday, I went to Keyakizaka46's national handshake with only four tickets on hand and at the end of the event, I had 610 tickets to be used for the next handshake event. Here's what happened.



Kidding! I only got 16 tickets. Eleven of which were from Techi fans who left because of the flare incident. (Turn the photo upside down). Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself so let me start from the beginning. I'm splitting my posts into two because *WARNING* this report is going to be a long read.


I originally only had one ticket but I got three from friends. Unlike 48G national handshakes, you can't use your mini live ticket for handshake so I had to think carefully on who to go for. My only Keyaki oshi was Nijika so it made deciding a lot harder.

Lanes:
1 Hirate Yurina, Kakizaki Memi
2 Oda Nana, Shida Manaka
3 Nagahama Neru, Sasaki Kumi
4 Sugai Yuuka, Kageyama Yuuka
5 Kato Shiho, Sasaki Mirei
6 Saito Fuyuka, Moriya Akane
7 Ishimori Nijika, Nagasawa Nanako
8 Kobayashi Yui, Ushio Sarina
9 Ozeki Rika, Koike Minami
10 Suzumoto Miyu, Habu Mizuho
11 Saito Kyoko, Takase Mana, Takamoto Ayaka
12 Uemura Rina, Yonetani Nanami
13 Sato Shiori, Harada Aoi
14 Watanabe Risa, Higashimura Mei
15. Watanabe Rika, Iguchi Mao

Together with a friend, I arrived at Makuhari Messe two and a half hours before the start of the mini live only to see people lining up OUTSIDE the venue; not just the hall, but outside Messe! I wasn't expecting something like this because the last national handshake event I've went to was far from this. It was scorching hot that day so that two hours of lining was hell for us. But hey, at least we were able to watch the live.


I got an A-2 block ticket, the best section fans could possibly get into though it was reserved for females only. My friend got B-2, the block behind mine so I decided to give up my A-2 since fangirling with a friend is better than having a good view.


Being in B-2 isn't bad as being in C-2, where I was during the HKT48 National HS I attended last year . I could still distinguish who's who in the stage.

For the mini live, it was exactly an hour long. They performed all songs from Fukyouwaon. Keyaki MC's were still boring and awkward with only a few members talking again and again, i.e., Oda and Nijika.The best part was, of course, Fukyouwaon as opening because it hyped the fans so much. I also enjoyed Techi and Neru's Hohoemi ga Kanashii. I admit that I didn't like Neru before but she's just too adorable not to be liked. Second best part for me is Keyakizaka no Uta as last performance. It was a beautiful sight. The fans and members were waving their green light sticks in symphony. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring mine.

All throughout the mini live, I couldn't take my eyes off Techi even though she's consistently wearing a poker face, even frowning sometimes. However, I've already decided the three lanes I'll be going for so I was a bit bummed until my friend gave me a ticket so we can both see her. Yay!

After the mini live, fans were asked to go outside the hall. It was different from last year's HKT event in which fans could stay in the hall while waiting for the first slot to commence. One reason was probably the attendees for HKT's handshake were only a tenth of Keyaki's.


We lined up for the goods first and it took us two hours to finish. We were asked to go out again, meaning we had to line up again for the handshake proper. Before entering, I got four more tickets from an Indonesian fan who gave up because of the long queue. If you're reading this, thank you so much again!


I got three Kanji sets and one Hiragana. The rest of the photos are at the second part of this report.


After another two hours of lining up to enter the hall AGAIN, we were welcomed by long queues for ALL members.  Yep, all members. Everyone's busy and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for them. We only had three hours left before the handshake closes so we were panicking. We went to Uemura Rina and Yonetani Nanami's lane, thinking that there weren't a lot people. Unfortunately, their queue was actually long but not that much compared to Hirate's. And the worst part is they took a break in the middle of it so it ate around 45 minutes of our time.


Rina/Yonesan experience wasn't memorable because the handshakes for everyone only felt like a second. Rina only gave a standard thank you but Yonesan tried to put effort, not letting go of my hand while shouting something I didn't hear clearly as I waved goodbye. The best part for that handshake was Rika passing by and started waving although nobody was looking (yet). Among all of those who passed, she was the only one who waved at us. I admit I didn't like her before but she seemed like a super nice idol so I like her now. Haha. Okay, I get fished easily.

After that, we decided to split up. I went to Ishimori Nijika and Nagasawa Nanako's lane. The queue was as bad as the previous one and I kinda blamed Nanako for it because she's definitely more popular than Nijika. Nijika seemed to enjoy handshaking fans a lot so I don't understand why she's not that popular. She got the looks, talent and a great attitude so it's sad that even though she's a complete package, it doesn't seem to reflect on her sales.


For Nanako, among all the members I was able to handshake that day, she was the one who put a lot of effort. She seemed really genuine and (I think) she had different things to the fans. I'll post our conversation because *drumrolls* she's my Keyaki oshi now.

Nanako (grabs my hands): Ah! Kawaii!
Me: I'm from the Philippines.
Nanako: Philippines? You're so beautiful (kirei).
*Staff starts pushing me away; Nanako not letting go of my hands.
Me: No, no! You're more beautiful!
*Staff completely pushed me away.
Nanako (shouting): Bijin-san, please come again!!

Yes, Nanako. I will. I will!!! I'm sorry for blaming you earlier.

For the next one, I proceeded to Ozeki Rika and Koike Minami's lane. Standard thank you's but both of them were soooooo adorable. Miichan was like a living marshmallow and Ozeki looked like a tiny puppy. Ugh. Just... adorable.


After that, I went to Sugai Yuuka and and Kageyama Yuuka's lane but after a couple of minutes, they announced that Hirate Yurina and Kakizaki Memi's lane will be closing so I ditched Sugai-sama and ran towards Techi where I (kinda) witnessed the flare incident. I'll be stopping the first part of my report here but I'll be posting the second part soon (hopefully). It will be more about the flare incident than the actual handshake 'cause well, I wasn't able to meet Techi.

Handshake and Other Events Report

Comments